Article delegate-en/1485 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate and DNS
15 Jan 2002 04:19:09 GMT tetu-s <pzucqbdyi-rra4sdrgc3zr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear colleagues,

>On 09/13/01(03:33) you Julian Harris <pfacqbdyi-rra4sdrgc3zr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
>in <_A1320@delegate-en.ML_>
>|E:\delegate>delegated -vd -f -P53 -SERVER=dns
> |RESOLV=cache,file,nis DNSCONF=domain:213.194.144.1
>Sorry but I could not understand, firstly, why you need a
>DeleGate server for DNS.  In most situations, proper DNS
>(resolution) environment is given in a (Windows) system
>configuration.  Thus DeleGate servers for HTTP and so on
>have nothing to specify about DNS.

There are some situations such as requirements of
very high security, I think.

Currently, also I have some problems in:
SERVER=dns

So, I have managed proxy-based dns by
SERVER=udprelay://my.dns.server:53/

Please challenge, Julian.
--
Tetsu Satoh, Japan Science and Technology Corporation,
Nara Institute of Science and Technology,