Article delegate-en/1429 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Shutout files as dynamic ACL
19 Nov 2001 21:58:01 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

>May I use shutout mechanism for temporary disabling some clients?

Yes.

>I can't -hup Delegate every minute and need some method to eliminate  "bad
>guys".
>How looks like shutout files? How I can use this?

To shutout a client host with IP-address xx.xx.xx.xx, create a file
named like follows:

  DGROOT/adm/shutout/xx.xx.xx.xx

The contents of the file can be anything or empty.
And specify the timeout of the shutout to infinity by a TIMEOUT parameter.

  TIMEOUT=shutout:0