Article delegate-en/1398 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Transparent Proxy & delegate
08 Nov 2001 04:03:52 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 11/08/01(12:49) I wrote in <_A1397@delegate-en.ML_>
 |On 11/08/01(03:32) you Attilio Vaccaro <poqcqbdyi-dyd2yvcdidxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
 |in <_A1396@delegate-en.ML_>
 | |     is it possible to use delegate as a transparent SOCKS proxy?
 | |
 | |What I would like to do is to have a delegate daemon running on a
 | |firewall manage the traffic coming from a private subnet and resend it
 | |to another SOCKS server, without having to reconfigure all the hosts of
 | |the subnet (also because I'd like to use SOCKS for clients that don't
 | |support it directly, like telnet).
 |
 |# delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks CONNECT=s SOCKS="anotherSOCKSserver:1080:*"
 |
 |will do.

Or more simply the following will do.

# delegated -P1080 SERVER=tcprelay://anotherSOCKSserver:1080

In both case, note that you may have to sepcify a PERMIT parameter
or so to give access permission to the clients if they are on
networks which is not connected to the host of your DeleGate.
See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm> anyway.