Article delegate-en/1377 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Downloading Delegate
27 Oct 2001 15:26:13 GMT Damian McGuckin <pmacqbdyi-p5lznxmr4zxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I tried on another machine with a very up-to-date version of FTP
and I can download DeleGate.

My guess is has something do with '500 PASV is disabled' which I assume
means that Passive Mode being disabled at 'ftp.delegate.org' but such a
problem looks hard to debug. Many firewalls just won't hack it if they
can't use passive mode.  I am quite new to DeleGate and haven't used it
as a server but is that a built in feature of DeleGate or configuratable.

Or maybe DeleGate is very strict in what it allows when it runs as a
server.

Do many people use DeleGate as a server?

Thanks - Damian (McGuckin)

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 22/8 Campbell St, Artarmon NSW 2064
Ph:+60-0-0000000F .. Fx:+60-0-0000000F   | unsolicited email not wanted here !
Views and opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer