Article delegate-en/1376 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Trying to Access FTP.DELEGATE.ORG
27 Oct 2001 12:50:03 GMT Damian McGuckin <pmacqbdyi-hugik5sbznxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I tried to login to pull down the source code and the login

	ftp
	damianm@esi..au

failed and yet, the functionally equivalent

	anonymous
	damianm@esi..au

worked.  I have never found the above 2 methods to be different anywhere.

However,

	cd //SERVER

got very upset and refused me.  Maybe SERVER means something but I don't
know what.

Doing it all again and just typing

	dir

tells me that it cannot connect with me.  Going into passive mode tells me
that PASV is disabled.

And trying to use 'ncftp' to you fails miserably.

However, if I log into Sourceforge who apparently use your software, I
have no problems.

What's the trick?

I have been using FTP for 20 years and have never had these problems
before.  I have been using with my current Internet connection method
for 5 years and have had no problems.  This is the first time.

Many Thanks - Damian (McGuckin)

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 22/8 Campbell St, Artarmon NSW 2064
Ph:+60-0-0000000F .. Fx:+60-0-0000000F   | unsolicited email not wanted here !
Views and opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer