Article delegate-en/1370 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Proxy HTTP problem with authenticated data FTP connection
16 Oct 2001 12:50:08 GMT pjucqbdyi-o7da2lt5y5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org
CANAL+ Technologies

Yukata,
I don't know why MSIE requests an absolute path and don't follow the RFC !
Note that this problem does not appear with Squid...
Nevertheless, I will deploy delegate so if you had some times
one day to find a solution, maybe in your next release...
Thanks for all,
David

feedback@delegate.org a 馗rit :

> On 10/16/01(18:53) you pjucqbdyi-o7da2lt5y5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
> in <_A1366@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |It seems clear that my ie HTTP client requests /html/index_v9 and that
>  |delegate takes it as a relative path...
>  |What do you think about that ?
>
> ftp://server/path/file must be interpreted as a relative path,
> by definition in RFC1738.
>
> <URL:ftp://ftp.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt>(Uniform Resource Locators (URL))
> >  For example, the URL <URL:ftp://myname@host../%2Fetc/motd> is
> >  interpreted by FTP-ing to "host.dom", logging in as "myname"
> >  (prompting for a password if it is asked for), and then executing
> >  "CWD /etc" and then "RETR motd". This has a different meaning from
> >  <URL:ftp://myname@host../etc/motd> which would "CWD etc" and then
> >  "RETR motd"; the initial "CWD" might be executed relative to the
> >  default directory for "myname". On the other hand,
> >  <URL:ftp://myname@host..//etc/motd>, would "CWD " with a null
> >  argument, then "CWD etc", and then "RETR motd".
>
> If you need to specify an absolute path, it must be named as
> ftp://server/%2Fpath/file. (although MSIE might not support it)
>
> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>   @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)

David FOURNIER
Direction Informatique
Service R駸eaux et T駘馗oms
Tel : (33) 1 71 71 50 28