Article delegate-en/1367 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Proxy HTTP problem with authenticated data FTP connection
16 Oct 2001 10:18:54 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 10/16/01(18:53) you pjucqbdyi-o7da2lvvi5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A1366@delegate-en.ML_>
 |> Could you show me the detailed log of DeleGate on the access?
 |> I expected it would be like enclosed one but it was not in
 |> your case.
 |Here are all my logs when trying to retrieve the file index_v9.htm.
 |
 |From 8021.http log file :
 |pc4243 - - [16/Oct/2001:11:22:16 +0100] "GET ftp://user:passwd@mysite/html/index_v9.htm HTTP/1.0" 404 0 0*0.000+0.931:W:0g
 |
 |From 8021 log file :
 |10/16 11:22:15.53 [10495] 1+1: REQUEST - GET ftp://user:passwd@mysite/html/index_v9.htm HTTP/1.0^M

Sorry but this is not what I asked.  It was clear what will happen
if the file is named with "/html/index_v9.htm".  The problem is that
who names the file so.

And what I asked is about another mystery, what will happen if the
file is named with "/index_v9.htm" which you said results in unknown.
I can't figure out why it fails.

> |and delegate returns "ftp://user@yoursite../index_v2.htm"
> |and says the file is unknown.
>
>Could you show me the detailed log of DeleGate on the access?
>I expected it would be like enclosed one but it was not in
>your case.

 |It seems clear that my ie HTTP client requests /html/index_v9 and that
 |delegate takes it as a relative path...
 |What do you think about that ?

I can't figure out why your browser know, who let it konw, the string
"/html" which should be unvisible to HTTP clients.