Article delegate-en/1350 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate and DNS
30 Sep 2001 11:00:59 GMT Julian Harris <pfacqbdyi-jfbrszzbuvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

This is what I'm not clear on... the manual isn't
clear IMHO on exactly -how- to configure the SMTP and
POP3 gateways. Unfortunately I don't know a lot about
how to configure proxies in general and the
instructions seem to assume this...

Also, one other question, why can't just one delegate
instance deal with more than one protocol? Why this
general/specific model?

I ask because for some reason when I run my delegate
as an http proxy, it also automatically supports https
and ftp.

thanks muchly in advance,
Julian.

--- Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/30/01(00:17) you Julian Harris
> <pfacqbdyi-jfbrszzbuvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
> in
> <_A1347@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |one very basic question... how do I configure
> Delegate
>  |to work with Eudora? I tried running separate POP3
> and
>  |SMTP processes on the standard ports as instructed
> by
>  |Eudora but still it didn't work with no clue as to
>  |why... I don't know a lot about mail, is it
> something
>  |to do with MX messages or something?
>
> My very basic question: How did you configured your
> DeleGate and
> what is recorded in the logfile of the DeleGate?
>
> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>   @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org>
> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial
> Science and Technology (AIST)
> _<   >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568
Japan

=====
--
Julian Harris, Global Explorer, Professional Kiwi
pfacqbdyi-jfbrszzbuvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

http://phone.yahoo.com