Article delegate-en/1348 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with SSL to non-SSL browsing
30 Sep 2001 05:45:52 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/28/01(23:35) you "Larry Kelly" <piicqbdyi-jfbrsz4guvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1346@delegate-en.ML_>
 |   Here is the configuration:
 |
 |      (CLIENT)--HTTP-->(DELEGATE SERVER)--HTTP-->(WEBSITE)
 |                SSL                      NO-SSL
 |   I have installed SSleay and Delegate.  I have the FCL=sslway in the
 |delegate cmd line.  It starts okay, and even gives me the form input box
 |when I connect using https://delegateserver  but, when I submit the URL
 |to go to, it just sits, and eventually times out.
 |   Any ideas as to what I have wrong?  Will delegate work in this way?

In general, it is difficult for me to imagine what was wrong around you
without knowing what you did (parameters) and what you got (in logfile).
But in this case, I could imagine that you invoked your DeleGate with
SERVER=https with FCL=sslway then accessed an "wwwserver" via
"https://delegateserver/-/nonCERNproxy".

I reproduced the DeleGate configuration and found that DeleGate returns
"302 ridirection" to wrong URL like
"http://delegateserver/-_-http://wwwserver"
which must be
"https://delegateserver/-_-http://wwwserver"

The problem can be fixed with the enclosed patch, or you can escape
the problem with your current DeleGate by directory specifying URL as
"https://delegateserver/-_-http://wwwserver"

*** ../753/src/httpd.c	Thu Sep 27 12:54:11 2001
--- ./httpd.c	Sun Sep 30 14:42:29 2001
***************
*** 306,312 ****
--- 306,315 ----
  				return putMovedTo(Conn,tc,upath);
  			}else{
  				myport = ClientIF_H(Conn,myhost);
+ /*
  				delegate_url0(durl,upath,myhost,myport);
+ */
+ 				CTX_url_rurl(Conn,upath,durl,CLNT_PROTO,myhost,myport,"",1);
  				return putMovedTo(Conn,tc,durl);
  			}
  		}