Article delegate-en/1346 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Problem with SSL to non-SSL browsing
28 Sep 2001 14:35:59 GMT "Larry Kelly" <piicqbdyi-jqwqhpc5u6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear Yutaka Sato,

   First, I'd like to say thanks on an excellent program.
   I can only imagine the amount of work that has went into it.

   I am running into a problem - and I'm not sure what might be going on...

   Here is the configuration:

      (CLIENT)--HTTP-->(DELEGATE SERVER)--HTTP-->(WEBSITE)
                SSL                      NO-SSL

   Basically, I want the client to have an SSL connection to Delegate, which
then does proxying to a non-ssl website.  But, I need the client to be able
to specify the non-ssl web site using the Delegate form input - instead of
the normal transparent proxy.

   I have installed SSleay and Delegate.  I have the FCL=sslway in the
delegate cmd line.  It starts okay, and even gives me the form input box
when I connect using https://delegateserver  but, when I submit the URL
to go to, it just sits, and eventually times out.

   Any ideas as to what I have wrong?  Will delegate work in this way?

   Thanks!!

    -Larry Kelly