Article delegate-en/1332 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: nntp posting limit?
17 Sep 2001 00:38:34 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Martin Loeffler <pfqcqbdyi-jqwqhpbom6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> Could you test what will happen if you post this record of message
 |> as a whole (removing ^M at line end, sending ending "." line at the
 |> same time) to the server by hand ?
 |
 |Ok - the same thing happened; it just locked. To be sure I understood
 |you correctly, you wanted me to send the entire body of the message
 |as one long string, then a '.' on a line by itself afterwards?

I wish to test whether or not the same POSTing blocks when it is
done via DeleGate while succeeding when it is done directly.
I thought a possible difference between them is that, the "."
line is sent packed in a same TCP packet with the POSTed message
via DeleGate, but it could be sent in a different packet in
direct connection.
And the patch I posted before does split the packet by flushing
output stream buffer to server before forwarding the "." line.

 |#4  0x8064da0 in xPollIn ()
 |#5  0x8065bb1 in fgetsTIMEOUT ()
 |#6  0x80b59f8 in fgetsFSline ()
 |#7  0x80b5a92 in fgetsFS ()
 |#8  0x80b9c92 in NNTP_POST ()
Thank you.  It is confirmed that the DeleGate is blocking in
the path ...->NNTP_POST()->fgetsFS()->... as I expected.

 |Ok, I did, and connections failed with 'permission denied':
 |502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - NNTP Server^M

It seems that your host of DeleGate is not permitted from the server.
Doesn't it happen with "telnet theServer 119" ?