Article delegate-en/1321 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate and DNS
12 Sep 2001 21:09:07 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/13/01(03:33) you Julian Harris <pfacqbdyi-jqwqhpgim6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1320@delegate-en.ML_>
 |E:\delegate>delegated -vd -f -P53 -SERVER=dns
 |RESOLV=cache,file,nis DNSCONF=domain:213.194.144.1

Sorry but I could not understand, firstly, why you need a
DeleGate server for DNS.  In most situations, proper DNS
(resolution) environment is given in a (Windows) system
configuration.  Thus DeleGate servers for HTTP and so on
have nothing to specify about DNS.
And I'm sure what you did above will not work as a DeleGate
for DNS resolver.  Firstly, "-SERVER=dns" must be "SERVER=dns".
And RESOLV must include "dns" in its list.

 |2) What's the difference between PROXY and MASTER
 |since the manual isn't clear on this. It gives two

MASTER points to an upstream DeleGate server which talk a
DeleGate specific protocol designed for proxying.
PROXY points to an upstream proxy server which talk an application
protocol including HTTP, FTP or Telnet.
Note that you must specify a port number both in MASTER and PROXY.