Article delegate-en/1315 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate behavior
31 Aug 2001 07:18:45 GMT Dennis <p4qcabdyi-jqwqhpdsm6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Yutaka Sato wrote:

> I could not notice anything strange to happen, both MSIE and Netscape
> displayed the page "contacts.asp".
>
>  |With MSIE5, the browser seems to get confused if you click before then
>  |entire page has finished loading.
>
> Tell me please how it is confused.  Is the problem occurs with any
> MSIEs around you?

I cannot reproduce the problem because I have broadband access at home and
work. The problem happens with several people who have dial-up internet
accounts.

While the page is loading they start clicking on the mouse roll-over
images a number of times then click contacts and the browser seems to get
confused.

By this I mean it appears to be loading something from the web server but
it never finishes. You have to hit the browser stop button to stop the
page loading.

The page makes about 22 requests to load and then if you move your mouse
over the mouse rollover images one time the count is up to 64. The page
preloads the mouse rollover images, yet they appear to be requested from
delegate each time, which I don't understand.

 --
---
Dennis Sacks