Article delegate-en/1288 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: nntp slow connection problem
10 Aug 2001 08:52:37 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/09/01(19:44) you "Herbert Broederbauer" <pa4cqbdyi-p5lznxnqgjxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1287@delegate-en.ML_>
 |im currently testing delegate 7.3.5 on RedHat 6.1 SMP.
 |
 |The prog works quite well, but sometimes i get very slow connect response
 |from delegate, when I connect to it via a newsreader (i.e. ms outlook ).
 |
 |It takes up to 50 seconds till delegate response and the client gets an
 |refresh in the current newsgroups.
 |
 |First I thought the problem is in my config, but i can't find anything
 |wrong. I also tryed to use just to servers - no difference.
 |
 |It seems that delegate is refreshing the newsgroup list everytime a client
 |connects to it.

Not every time but when the cache of the (active) newsgroup list is
expired.  Accoding to your configuration:

 |NNTPCONF=upact:3000/0000/00X xover:4000

the expire time should be 3600 seconds.  If it is not so, something
is wrong.  I would be able to help you if you show me your LOGFILE
which records how your NNTP-DeleGate behaved on connection from a
client.