Article delegate-en/1287 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] nntp slow connection problem
09 Aug 2001 10:44:49 GMT "Herbert Broederbauer" <pa4cqbdyi-p5lznxo3uzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hallo,

im currently testing delegate 7.3.5 on RedHat 6.1 SMP.

The prog works quite well, but sometimes i get very slow connect response
from delegate, when I connect to it via a newsreader (i.e. ms outlook ).

It takes up to 50 seconds till delegate response and the client gets an
refresh in the current newsgroups.

First I thought the problem is in my config, but i can't find anything
wrong. I also tryed to use just to servers - no difference.

It seems that delegate is refreshing the newsgroup list everytime a client
connects to it.

Any suggestion how I can speed up the connection?

My current config:
DGROOT="/cache/delegate"
ADMIN=news@localhost
CONNECT="cache,direct"
SHARE=""
MIMECONV="thru"
-P119
SERVER=nntp
NNTPCONF=upact:3000/0000/00X xover:4000
MOUNT="= nntp://news.netway.at/* hide={*binaries*,*pictures*,*-*,*_*}"
MOUNT="= nntp://talkto.centurasoft.com/*"
MOUNT="= nntp://localhost:120/*"
MOUNT="= nntp://www.delegate.org/*"
CACHE=do
EXPIRE=2d