Article delegate-en/1229 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Authorized Usernames/passwords list on ftp proxy for single login?
04 Jul 2001 07:01:42 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/04/01(13:35) you Fernando Cassia <pzicabdyi-p5lznxkivbxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1228@delegate-en.ML_> (nntp://etlibs3-be/mail-lists.delegate-en/1228):
 |The new version sounds really interesting!. BTW: the problem with using the "CWD
 |user:host" is that I do not want the end users to know the end system's password,
 |and that way it would be displayed during the login process on certain clients.
 |
 |Perhaps there would be a way to make delegated connect and STAY connected to the
 |destination ftp server using the (secret) login/password, and then "fake" beign a
 |server to the end clients? (so they don't even see the login message to the final
 |"proxied" server?

It is possible with a paramater to DeleGate:

  MOUNT="/* ftp://user:pass@host/*"

and commands from client:

  USER proxy-user
  PASS proxy-pass
  CWD /xxx (for example)

On the first command following USER+PASS, DeleGate will initiate login to
ftp://user:pass@host..  If it is CWD like above, DeleGate will do login to
ftp://user:pass@host and CWD /xxx.