Article delegate-en/1225 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: IMAP proxy functionality TSL->SSL translation
03 Jul 2001 16:19:49 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/03/01(21:38) you "Jan-Peter Koopmann" <pzacabdyi-xtc56ty4ernr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1224@delegate-en.ML_>
 |our e-mail system only supports IMAP on port 143 or IMAP SSL on port 993
 |(not TSL). I have some clients (PDAs) that need to connect to this
 |server. Unfortunately they only speak IMAP on port 143 with TSL.
 |
 |I would like to have a proxy that allows the users to log into using
 |IMAP with TSL and that forwards all requests to our server using IMAP
 |SSL. Is this possible with delegate? If so: How?

If you mean applying TLS to IMAP by STARTTLS extension of IMAP protocol
(RFC2595), the answer is yes, with parameters like this:

  delegated SERVER=imap://imaps-server:993 FCL="sslway -St" FSV=sslway

FCL="sslway -St" means using STARTTLS feature with the CLient,
and FSV=sslway means SSL without negotiation with the SerVer.

Note that you need sslway executable file and certificate/key file
located at appropriate location to use sslway command.
See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/>