Article delegate-en/1172 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: POP/SSL Relay
22 May 2001 17:12:19 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 05/22/01(22:26) you "Maxime Dubois" <pqicabdyi-dyd2yvesa6xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1169@delegate-en.ML_>
 |No, actually, I used a sniffer and saw the connection between client and
 |POP-Delegate is not encrypted... I saw "STARTLS" on the console and thought
 |it was, but I was wrong.

I am not sure of what console you mean and what is "STARTLS".  It
might be the console of DeleGate showing "STARTTLS" ...

 |When I use the -St option instead of -st, the proxy cuts the connection with
 |the client (Outlook express and netscape messenger).
 |So I can't use POP/SSL!

How did you configure your Netscape to use POP on SSL?
As far as I know, Netscape Messanger (4.75) does not support POP
on SSL.  It supports only IMAP on SSL.

Outlook Express (OE) support POP on SSL (without negotiation by "STLS"
command in a non-SSL POP status).  It is enabled by the check box
in the property configuration window of POP servers.  To use
DeleGate+SSLway for OE, do not use "-st" nor "-St" option since
OE starts SSL without STLS negotiation.  A command line of a
POPS-DeleGate can be like this:
  % delegated -P8110 -v SERVER=pop://yourPopServer FCL=sslway
Remember that you must restart your OE to retry connection to a
POPS-server after you are rejected to connected it by some reasons.