Article delegate-en/1152 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Netscape Messenger 6 or Outlook 2000 Problem
15 May 2001 17:37:59 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/15/01(18:15) you "Jonathan Jodry" <pmqcabdyi-f425lxz6jljr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1150@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Hello, thanks for your answer. As you have noticed, I don't know a lot on
 |connections through a proxy... However, I will try to precise my problems,
 |and indicate the solutions that are working for other proxy...

Thank you.  I think your problems can be solved by using the
'%' character to separate a user name and a host name, like
USER%SERVER.

 |- For Outlook 2000: usually, the program need to be configured the following
 |way:
 |Incoming mail server : PROXY_SERVER
 |Outgoing mail server : PROXY_SERVER
 |Username : USERNAME#MAIL_SERVER
 |Password : same password
 |
 |This configuration is working with other proxy, but is working only
 |partially with Delegate: it is possible to send emails, but not to receive
 |them...
 |One of the possible solution would be to change the POP-O.TXT file. Is this
 |file, there is a line:
 |
 |SERVER=pop://mail.xxxxx.ac.jp
 |
 |which is also one of the mail server used. Is it possible to have a second
 |line:
 |SERVER=pop://mail.myserver.com ??? Will the program accept 2 lines like this
 |in the same file?

 |- WS_FTP, a common program for FTP transfer file, can connect to the
 |Delegate proxy. At this stage, he send the command user USERNAME@SERVER, and
 |receive the error 530: Proxy failed to connect with 'SERVER'. This is
 |however working with another proxy (OK, on a different PC, but I do not see
 |any real difference...)

 |- Microsoft Front Page can not connect thru the Delegate proxy. This program
 |need to deal with NTLM authentication. Can Delegate manage those, and if
 |not, is it possible to disable this option from the proxy?

I don't know about NTLM but could find something which seems relevant
using search engines:
<URL:http://www.voicegateway.com/support/publishing/publishing.asp>
<URL:http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q235/5/24.asp>