Article delegate-en/1107 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: What is VSAP?
17 Apr 2001 22:05:37 GMT James Johnston <pamcabdyi-n4ll7kaocnxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hmmm - that might solve my problem.  My problem is that I have a computer on
a network that needs to access the Internet.  I have another computer on the
same network that is also on the Internet.  Now what I tried doing is
setting up the computer hooked to the Internet to be a DeleGate, and setting
up the other computer as a SOCKS client.  That works well, except on the
client I can't use protocols such as FTP (non-passive), NetMeeting, DirectX,
and things like that which expect incoming connections which are being
blocked by the DeleGate.  How can you work around this?  Is there a setting
on the SOCKS server that can do this, or does VSAP do the job?  Basically I
need to let incoming connections go through the DeleGate and onto the client
computer.

Thanks!