Article delegate-en/1096 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: vsap auth
16 Apr 2001 05:55:12 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/14/01(21:36) you Indrek Mandre <piecabdyi-n4ll7kexmnxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1091@delegate-en.ML_>
 |The host where i run the vsap server i actually run another
 |delegate as a http server as SERVER=http://vsapserver:vsapport/
 |This gives me the advantage that all the static content is cached
 |outside my internal adsl network. The problem here is that
 |how can i make the delegate to pass on the correct Host:
 |field for I want to have virtual hosts? For now it passes
 |on 'Host: 127.0.0.1' header for some reason.

It is hard to figure out what is going without knowing the
configuration of your servers and what kind of problem occurs.
A possible configuration may be like this:

  external# delegated -P80 SERVER=http://vsaphost:8080 CACHE=do
  vsaphost% delegated -P8000 SERVER=vsap PORT=8080
  internal% delegated -P8080@vsap:8000 SERVER=http://127.0.0.1
  internal% some WWW-server

and if you say the WWW-server receives "Host:127.0.0.1" header,
it occurs independently of VSAP, with configuration like this:

  % delegated -P8080 SERVER=http://127.0.0.1

which is equivalent to:

  % delegated -P8080 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* http://127.0.0.1/*"

DeleGate forwards a HTTP request to MOUNTED server with "Host:"
field specified in MOUNT (or SERVER) parameter by default.
The host field can be replaced with specified string by "genvhost"
MountOption like this:

  % delegated -P8080 SERVER=http \
                     MOUNT="/* http://127.0.0.1/* genvhost=VirtualHostName"

See <URL:/delegate/Manual.htm#HTTP_mount> for a little more.