Article delegate-en/1086 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: X connection broken
10 Apr 2001 04:25:16 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/06/01(20:23) you Udo Becker <phmcabdyi-n4ll7kbl4nxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1083@delegate-en.ML_>
 |myhost% xhost +
 |myfirewall% delegated -P6008 SERVER=X://myhost
 |remotehost% xterm -display myfirewall:8
 |
 |then remotehost says
 |
 |X connection to myfirewall:8.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
 |
 |When another host in my network takes the place of remotehost everything
 |works fine. Is there any idea for this problem ?

You will see the reason of failure in your LOGFILE, or on your console
of DeleGate invoked with -v option.
The most likely reason is that 'myhost' is not included in the default
list of hosts to be allowed to use the proxy on your 'myfirewall'.
If so, adding a parameter like follows will solve the problem.

  PERMIT="X:myhost:remotehost"

See <URL:/delegate/Manual.htm#PERMIT> for more details.