Article delegate-en/106 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Still some problem with Proxy FTP
24 Sep 1998 05:03:16 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

In message <_A105@delegate-en.ML_>
on 09/23/98(19:15:51)
you "Piero Berritta" <plqaabdyi-gztnjk3ifbnr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi Yutaka,
 |I tested the patch you send me, and now there is no crash running the Proxy
 |in a Windows NT machine. Unfortunately using now sslway it seeems that the
 |data channel is not encrypted. The strange thing is that the XDC mode seems
 |to be correctly activated. This is the full log:
 |I can see the data in clear text while control informations are correctly
 |encrypted.

Remember that the current DeleGate cannot insert bi-directional
type filters (like SSLway) into FTP data channel.  SSLway filter
can be inserted into control channel, and the XDC is a DeleGate's
specific transfer mode which conveys data on control channel,
thus transferred data can be encrypted only between FTP DeleGates.

 |Another question: may I tunnel ftp on http using MOUNT option ?

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "tunnel"...
If it is using HTTP proxy for native FTP clients, it is not
possible.