Article delegate-en/1026 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: endless loop accessing News
15 Feb 2001 16:38:24 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 02/14/01(22:28) you Steffen Kaiser <p4mbqbdyi-qjyh54j3joxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1019@delegate-en.ML_>
 |it works most of the time. After 2 or 3 days delegate enters an endless
 |loop and the logfile contains this:

Reading your log, I suppose that your DeleGate is not entering loop
but your client is making repetitive retrials ...

 |I have to restart the delegate News Proxy in order to get it to work
 |again, but then the client accepts the proxy (almost) immediately.
 |Is there something I can do, so the News proxy remains working?

Possibly the DeleGate cannot reply to your client because one of it
servers, "secnews.netscape.com" does not respond.  Connection to the
server seems to be established, but the server does no send opening
message.
I don't know why the server does not respond, but possibly, there may
be some resource restriction on the server for each client host, like
available maximum connections at a time.

To figure out the situation, following informations will be useful:
- LOGFILE when your DeleGate is running without problem
- list of DeleGate processes running when with/without problem (ps)

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_