Article delegate-en/1004 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Client ( HTTP || HTTPS ) <--> Delegate <--> Web ( HTTP || HTTPS ). How to?
05 Feb 2001 17:24:47 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 01/30/01(02:03) you "Luis 'Champs' de Carvalho" <p44bqbdyi-t7hpjipmrwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <Pine.LNX.4.21.0101291221420.30000-00000X@lobster.tbn.com.br>
 |DeleGate to use the protocol that client ask for in both sides of the
 |connection. Something like
 |
 |	 ( HTTP || HTTPS ) <--> DeleGate <--> ( HTTP || HTTPS )
 |
 |	Is this possible? If yes, how can i do that? I'm having some
 |trouble with DeleGate missunderstanding protocols and trying to stabilish
 |a connection with a HTTP server using HTTPS and vice-versa...

Sorry but I need a concrete example to figure out what to do.

By the way, if your DeleGate is acting as a HTTP proxy and "Security" proxy
(SSL tunneling on HTTP by CONNECT method) for your browser, then DeleGate
can do no control nor conversion based on the content of HTTP message, since
all "Security" proxy can do is just relaying encrypted HTTP message between
client and server.
Maybe the only solution for relaying as
  client-[HTTPS]-DeleGate-[HTTP]-server
is accessing to DeleGate (with FCL=sslway) as an origin HTTPS server from
client like
  https://DeleGate/-_-http://server/...

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_