[delegate-en/4028] [Reference:<_A4027@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Use the same outgoing IP address as the incoming IP address
30 Jul 2008 20:53:15 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Sorin Esanu <pgagqbdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I run delegate (http proxy)on a multihomed linux server. Although
 |delegate listens to all ips, the outgoing ip is always the main ip of
 |the computer. Is it possible for delegate to use as outgoing ip address
 |the address that request came on? So, if the server has ip1 ip2 ip3 and
 |the client is connecting to ip3, I want delegate to connect to the
 |requested URL using ip3, and not ip1 (the main ip of the machine).

Why you need to do so?  As long as I underdstand, an application
program like DeleGate can't select the route to the destination
server.  You can select the source address of an outgoing connection
by binding it with the SRCIF parameter but it will not be routed to
the destination if your ip1, ip2 and ip3 have different routes.