[delegate-en/2799] [Reference:<20041207163010.GA22813@olmos.de>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] SSLway on demand for STARTTLS (Re: SSLway / EHLO / STARTTLS)
19 Dec 2004 10:00:52 GMT ysato@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

I received patches for "sslway.c" from Olaf, to make STARTTLS on SMTP to
cope with strict implementation of EHLO and STARTTLS in SMTP protocol.
I agree that the implementation of STARTTLS in DeleGate should be more
neat, but I think it should be implemented in each protocol interpreter
of each application protocol, as described in
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate/9913> (in Japanese,
sorry) while keeping the code of SSLway as simple as possible.

In this approach, we can realize "starting TLS coder (sslway) only when
it is necessary", as realized in STARTTLS for FTP-data.  Also it will
ease the replacement of SSLway with other simple TLS coder in future,
like s_server/s_client of OpenSSL.
So I extended "smtp.c" to support such "SSLway on demand" by extending
the CMAP parameter.  It can be used as

  CMAP=sslway:FCL:starttls

instead of

  FCL="sslway -St"

and

  CMAP=sslway:FSV:starttls

instead of

  FSV="sslway -St"

The pre-release version 8.10.4-pre1 implementing above functions is at
ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/beta/