[delegate-en/2682] [Reference:<_A2673@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with PAM authentication
25 Jun 2004 21:51:44 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/24/04(23:15) you Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <p4edabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2673@delegate-en.ML_>
 || I'm curious why and how you are sharing a source tree between different
 || versions of DeleGate.  Since each version is packed into it TAR as
 || "delegateX.X.X/...", it is difficult to imagine that someone is copying
 || it over an existing tree of different version.
 |
 |you're right, it's not a problem with overwriting source.

Still I cannot understand why and how you reused your source tree of
8.9.2 (or delegate8.9.2/maker/libsubst.a.list to be left after make)
at the "compile time" of 8.9.3, and why you said you need "clean" option
n Mailfile.

 |It's just a stupid mistake since I didn't realize that make will not check
 |again my libraries after I installed the libpam0g-dev...I am realy
 |confused about this

The checking takes a time not negligible for repetitive recompilations
while developing a single version on a tree.  So it is checked only when
both "maker/libsubst.a.list" and "/lib/libsubst.a" do not exist.  Also if
mk*.exe do not exist, total compilation as well as the checking will be
re-done because any output have dependency on it.

Anyway, my mistake is to have made the substitution module for -lpam which
is hard to notice whether or not the PAM module is built-in.  So I'll
change it as the enclosed patch.

*** dist/delegate8.9.5/maker/pam_start.c	Tue Aug 12 16:21:11 2003
--- maker/pam_start.c	Fri Jun 25 22:22:40 2004
  pam_start(){
+ 	porting_dbg("ERROR: PAM module is not built in.");
  	return -1;
  }
  pam_end(){