[delegate-en/2078]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] AW: [DeleGate-En] SMTP with authentication with delegate
18 Jan 2003 08:51:41 GMT "Johannes von Drachenfels" <pdmeabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

yes, there are some workarounds but i would like do have no other open port
on that server and was looking for something like
AUTHORIZER=tacacs+/radius/ldap ... And SMTP AUTH is not working because of
some special applications ...

Thanks,

Johannes

Johannes von Drachenfels	Telefon: 	+49 0000 00000F 0
Drachenfels GmbH			Fax: 		+49 0000 00000F 3
Bleichstrasse 56			Mobile: 	+49 000 000000F
75173 Pforzheim			Mail: 	mailto:pdmeabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org
Germany				WWW: 		http://www.drachenfels.de

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Yutaka Sato [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Januar 2003 23:25
An: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: pdmeabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org
Betreff: Re: [DeleGate-En] SMTP with authentication with delegate

On 01/18/03(06:14) you "Johannes von Drachenfels" <pdmeabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org>
wrote
in <_A2075@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am looking for a solution to build up a mail relay server for our iPass
 |roaming users. But i have only the possibility to authenticate them with
 |tacacs+ ... is there any way to do that with delegate ?!

I'm not sure about your requirements but if you simply need SMTP with
authentication (SMTP AUTH), most of SMTP softwares support it nowadays.
If your SMTP client does not support it, you can use DeleGate to do
authentication by proxy of the client (with
MYAUTH=userName:passWord:smtp parameter).
If your SMTP server does not support it, you can use DeleGate to do
the authentication by proxy of the server (with
AUTHORIZER=ftpServer where authentication is done by FTP login to the
ftpServer)

 ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
(AIST)