[delegate-en/172]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Strange problems? :?
17 Dec 1998 07:00:06 GMT Official <psyaabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello ,

Sorry, if my questions is very dummy:

I'm use DG 5.8.0 at Linux Red Hat 5.0

1)
I have my official mailbox at my server
and also i have a some free mailboxes
at .geocities.com, .softhome.net -
(just for spam)

When i start recieving mail (it is machine with fakeip),
program waiting for connect to mailserver more
than i can wait
(more than 15min - after it I'm stop waiting).
(from machine with real ip, time for connect is
near 10seconds)

Machine_with_fake_ip can ping Linux & Linux can ping
machine.

Delegate started:
---------
deleagated -P8080 REMITTABLE=+,http,ftp PERMIT="*:"*:*"
---------

I think it's not nesesary to start pop from delegate?
Maybe its wrong?

Microsoft Mail at machine_with_fake_ip cause faults.

And Netscape is::
2) Netscape Communucator (4.05) have the same problem
with working throw proxy. Time of waiting for connect
to proxy is unlimited - i wait more than 20min -
(Explorer at the same PC, worked properly) :?

What is the problem? :?

3) And very dummy question:
How can i start & test ident service at Linux?
:)

Best regards,
 Official                          mailto:psyaabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org